A consultancy providing specialist technical engineering assistance with understanding and resolving machinery problems. Serving Operators/ Owners in the marine and energy sectors.
- Failure/ damage investigation on all types of main and auxiliary mechanical machinery.
- Ship propulsion shaft alignment calculations, measurements and assessments using advanced tools and techniques. Tasks include:
- Bore alignment offsets using the Taylor-Hobson micro-alignment telescope and targets.
- Bearing loads by shaft jacking using strain gauge load cell and displacement transducer with computer data logging. Automated analysis of jacking data.
- Main engine, main bearing loads by crankshaft jacking. Engine crank web deflection measurements.
- Bearing loads by shaftline bending strains (strain gauges). Advanced analysis techniques are applied to derive bearing loads beyond the accessible spans.
- Assessment/ interpretation of measured bearing loads (versus design).
- Measurement of alignment/ offsets of elastic couplings and cardan shafts.
- Calculations of bearing offset adjustments and predicted load changes for optimised local alignment and shaftline bearing load distribution.
- Strain gauge field measurements as well as any calculations of stress/ applied force. Components/ structure may be situated outdoors. Best practice is applied in gauge configurations/ installations along with best quality digitizers/ measurement devices.
- Engineering calculations, mathematical modelling and design. Examples include; classical mechanics, pipework systems, finite element modelling, data analysis (using Scilab/ Python) as well as CAD drawings.
- Preparation of formal written reports of the highest standard.
Brabon Engineering Services is independent of any machinery manufacturer or shipyard.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.