The yard is located in Africa’s busiest port, the Port of Durban, on the East Coast of Southern Africa.
The yard is strategically positioned at the northern extremity of the KwaZulu-Natal Southern Industrial Basin and is well supported by a wide range of complementary industries.
We have the capacity to undertake the entire works spectrum of in-voyage and port repairs on all vessels.
* Undercover fabrication workshops which cover an area of 320m x 42m serviced by 2 x 30ton gantry
cranes capable of 60 ton tandem lift.
* Fully equipped pipe fabrication shop.
* Stores with dedicated customs bonded holding area
* Undercover paint shop for minor fabrications
Southern African Shipyards Repair Quay
* Repair quay length of 200M with an average draft of 7,5M
* Lay down area to accommodate hatch covers
* Services provided at repair quay include 380volt shore power, fresh water and compressed air.
SAS DOCK Southern African Ship Yards Floating Dock
* Lifting Capacity 5000 tons
* Overall Length 50 meters
* Overall width 30 meters
* Cranes 2 x 12 ton lifting capacity travelling full length of dock.
Southern African Ship Yards also has access to the following National Port Authorities facilities in the
Port of Durban
Prince Edward Graving Dock:
* Overall docking length 352,04m
* Length on keel blocks 327,66m
The Prince Edward Graving dock can be divided into two compartments of 206,9m and 138,68m. The graving
dock can be emptied in four hours. Five electric cranes service this dock with capacities ranging from 1
x 50t with a 10t attached, 1 x 24t, 1 x 15t, 1 x 10t, 2 x 8t.
The floating dock has a lifting capacity of 4500 tons and has 2 electric cranes capable of travelling the
full length of the starboard and port side of the dock.
* Overall length 100m
* Length on keel blocks 95m
- Graving Dock
- 301m & over
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.